Sunday, July 29, 2012

"all ready for the quall Hunt"

is that how you spell Quall? anyways, after kicking back thursday I was set to go friday for my first Strava hunt.

I used to plan routes by difficulty, wind, time, you know general training stuff for Friday it was how many segments can I hit. Ended up picking off 8, and getting the KOM's for 5. NBD.

Saturday I left the chasing to others and just rolled out a nice 3 hour endurance ride by the numbers. Headed down to Carthew Bay, havent ridden south of HWY 11 in a while.

oh Before I forget Huge props to Teammate Haley Hunter Smith for her selection to MTB worlds in Austria (or as Leslie Tomlinson would call it Australia) good work Hale`s.

back to GBA cycling, Got in a great ride out in Vasey taking in the Mountainview CC`s interclub up there. Beautiful day so I rode up to save some Dino juice and get some more miles in.

Race was great, put in some solid efforts before getting a nice junior style leg cramp, serious last time I had one like that was 1998. Anyways spun her in grabbed a coke and rode home with Mark H(2011 RAAM 2 man champ, NBD) he decided we should ride the hilly route home, arrggghhhhh.

Good weekend, Good week, id need to do some math but probably my biggest since South Carolina.

No comments: