Sunday, June 24, 2012

Mt St Anne

I don't usually have a good race at St Anne, its either great and it feels that way or I'm struggling to finish off however many laps I can do. Maybe thats just the nature of the course, its hard anyway you shake it, hard steep climbing, techy singletrack, not much faking it out there. There's quicksand all over that course, and once your in it, its tough to get out.

With tons of support from Norco Bicycles, I was ready and set for my first of two world cups this season, chose to ride the Team 9 Hardtail, due to the amount of steep climbing and slow speed technical riding. And left the double crankset on,

With the olympic year the field was downsized with some of the euros opting to stay home, cause 1 trip over the Atlantic is way too much travel.  So I lined up in the last row of 71 starters, with 6 laps on the course and threatening weather I knew it would be a solid 1:50-2:00 effort. So I was patient through the start loop and first lap.

I felt good on the course, the hardtail 9er was great out there, didnt really try to crush any one section, just focused on my lines and counted the laps down. Ended up 35th, about 11:30 ish back, which I think is one of my better world cups in the past couple years....Offenburg may have been about the same % wise.

I was happy to feel good on the bike out there, sea otter was good but since then I really haven't felt like myself so it was nice to know I still have some juice in the tank.

pic from CC/Rob Jones

The team all had great races as well, Haley Hunter Smith came in 10th in her first u-23 world cup and Lespy was 26th in U-23. 

Huge thanks to Norco Bicycles and all the factory team sponsors for their support all year,

Off to Vermont for a couple days of riding, then Windham New York,


No comments: