Monday, April 23, 2012

sea otter

The weekend was great, the team did great with Team-mates Hayley and Andrew crushing some great races in both the STXC and the epic XC. I was content with my rides, finished each race stronger than I started but, knew I was missing a couple gears. Figuratively speaking, the Norco Team 9 was steller down there, I will say that the new XTR Shadow plus rear derailleur is #AMAZING. Rode the Kenda Kozmik Lite II's there were nice on fast hard packed course. But Sea Otter is more than just a bike race, its an industry event, basically a trade show with companies showing off their new products and bikes. The Norco compound was bustling with excitement with the Prototype 650B bike kicking around.
Also had the pleasure of meeting a Vice president of Norco, Skip Swain. As well as head of Marketing Pete Stace-Smith nice to finally meet and thank these people in person for all their support over the past three seasons. Results wise, I pulled out an 18th in the Short Track, An improvement from my 75th in the last sea otter STXC I did. And a 17th in the XC. Both races went well, both were quite warm which was a nice change from racing in Europe/quebec all the time. But of
course the most enjoyable rides are those post race coffee shop rides,
Great weekend, made even better with a great Team,

No comments: