Wednesday, October 5, 2011

so you think I cant hack it,

Just read some interesting news re: the TO cross races. Saturday.... sorry where are my manners.

Good couple days on the bike, yesterday I jumped on the road bike for another midland rail trail adventure. Pretty much makes me want to move to victoria harbour. I also think leash bylaws should be re-written to say retractable leashes are not actually leashes and don't count as leashes. Solid road ride on what was a gorgeous day.

Monday was the usual Monday night ride, but man I have never seen anyone crash as hard as spak did. Fresh off his big win at Tour de King he was intent on showing his power. Until what a appeared to be a sudden burst of gravity hit him and there was no attempt at a tuck and roll. Not sure we'll see him riding a bike anytime soon,

Today after receiving my Threshold and having a limited time to hold it and bike lust it, I headed into town to be a "rabbit" at a xc running race. Kids were crushing it, especially on the climbs, had to dig deep.

Tonight hit up Hardwood Ski and Bike for a Wednesday night cx race. Bretton and I got away after a lap and worked together, I would lead on the fast stuff and since I had forgotten how to turn a cx bike he led through the twisty stuff. Good first real CX ride.

now onto the plan, I call it the "Cause Peter probably thinks I won't be able to do it` weekend

Saturday night under the lights CX race in T.O., Sunday morning hardwood 50km singletrack xc enduro, then hopefully if the senior race starts after 2:30pm T.O. CX day 2.

quote of the day

“Here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes… the ones who see things differently — they’re not fond of rules… You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can’t do is ignore them because they change things… they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.”

Steve Jobs,

2 comments:

Big Mike said...

Of course you can do all those races and finish each one. Don't you think you should set the bar a little higher? Like podium in all three races?

Andy said...

Bar has been set, podium in all three. Now if they would just post the race schedule Id know if I can do it.