Wednesday, February 16, 2011

"It doesn't rain in California"

So my two good friends Pete and Matt have been trying to get me down here for a couple years now. Their biggest selling point being it doesn't rain. Well not only did it rain it hailed today up in Santa Barbara. Which is fine but I really just like to remind them their word is no longer as credible as it used to be.

We were back on our MTB's today on a trail that I can't remember. Again double track climb up awesome decent down, pretty technical in spots, very quebec style in the rain. Did a couple loop variations and ended up doing the rocky descent three times. Great ride as always, Got to do some nice AWI pace up the fireroad for an hour.

Yesterday was another awesome road ride, longest yet at 160km, with three solid climbs. Highlighted with a 30+ minute downhill rolling paceline, I think I had a smile on my face the entire way. Its pretty rare to get in a nice group like that, where everyone wants to make it work.

Just got in from heading out into the Pacific for the first time, had to play lifeguard for Frank who wanted to bust out the boogie board. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't good livin down here. Team dinner out tonight should be nice another road ride, rest day friday and "group choice" ride Saturday. 

1 comment:

Peter said...

well done, note the fine print and that it also did present awesome views and beutiful sunny skiis for the start and finish of hte ride, and let you experience good living in the ocean under sunny skiis ... see you tonight couger man