Sunday, February 20, 2011

being positive

Since my day has been going pretty well and Im typing this in the elite lounge at LAX, I guess I can forgive Matt and Pete for yesterdays typhoon.

After some MTB start training in Ventura and a coffee we switched to our skinny tires for one last 120km road ride around the county and finishing through Thousand oaks. Had some decent clothing packed just in case, we skirted most of the rain but with about 90 minutes to go(we were never supposed to be more than 80 minutes away) the skies opened up and the temp dropped nicely.

I was dressed better than a lot of people and I was freezing so when a few people were showing signs of being a little more than uncomfortable, Dan called it, 4 kept riding they didn't want to talk about it but I think they took shelter in a cave for a few minutes. The rest of us Cabbed it back, first time I've ever finished a ride like that. Unless the AWI team minivan counts after a few flats?

All I could think about was seeing Matt P, and demand my foot rub, but we settled on him being my CTS partner next time around.(its on the blog its truth)

This morning was a nice drive down the PCH to LA with Geoff and Jared, stopping to experience the art of coffee at Intelligentsia, while waiting we saw a paparazzi taking some shots and following someone, didn't catch who it was.

Probably the best cappuccino I have ever had,

did some picture cramming on the way down, ill run through them and see if any are half decent.

Andy Dufresne: You know what the Mexicans say about the Pacific?
Red: No.
Andy Dufresne: They say it has no memory. That's where I want to live the rest of my life. A warm place with no memory.

2 comments:

jvk said...

Andy: there's a corn field out in Buxton County.
Red: Buxton County is full of corn fields.
Andy: this one has an oak tree. Me and my wife made love under that mighty oak and I noticed a rock that has no earthly business being there. I'm sure it will still be there 30 years later and you'll find it after looking for only 45 seconds.

Peter said...

congrats, you know why