Wednesday, December 1, 2010

thought of a good title while riding today but forgot it

we'll see if i can jog my own memory. So it would appear I failed to post yesterday, I'm sure you all missed it, kinda like the way i feel when i check Tristan's blog everyday hoping, ney longing for a new post. I was pleased to see he is getting back on the blogwagon.

I didn't plan on much time exercising yesterday, got on the rollers for a nice 30 minute warmup which included some coordination, then off the bike for a solid 30 mins of core and strength. I didn't have a set routine, just worked out using the ball till 30 mins was up. Core isn't bad but my upper body is yelling at me right now. But i need to whip the old shoulders and arms into shape for the ski season which may or may not arrive sometime before spring.

Back to basics today for a 120-150 minute endurance MTB ride. When I left snow was starting to trickle down but didn't really accumulate. Rode over to copeland via bidwell, and highlands. Laid out a route in my head but quickly realized I deviated and needed to rethink, Some rejigging and I was back on track. Hit all the highlights, like logans run and Matheson's 7th circle climb, With the snow falling it was really quite beautiful in the forest today. Nice ride, doesn't really look like the weather will be closing in anytime soon so probably be getting out for a couple more rides.

regarding the poll, really starting to lean back to the old blackberry, not so much for the phone itself but whats to come from the company, if, key word if, I ever get interested in a tablet googl(...cough sorry) Rim's playbook is looking much more appealing to me with its flash and java capabilities as well as a USB port.

recovery day tomorrow, maybe some x-mas shopping before the madness starts to get to insane and i avoid any store at all costs.

more research into THE ride, looked at a calender and figured out next Sunday is the 12th. thats as far as i have gotten.

5 comments:

Tristan Spurr said...

want flash?? theres an app for that...there is no need for that silly phone they call blackberry.want to map your ride???Theres an app for that...here a song on the radio(am or fm) and dont know what it is but want to?theres an app for that....Want to play sonic in HD but your mom sold your sega??there an app for that...your at a social gathering and you want to know an actor/actress in a movie??Theres an app for that...Ever thought to yourself "what if I'm on a ride and I see one of only three cougars in the area and I forgot my HD 5 megapixel with 5x digital zoom camera at home "? well with the new Iphone 4 that wouldn't be an issue.Would you like to know why?? because theres an app for that.Make the right choice by Iphone...

Peter said...

No tablet .. if you want a smart phone the Iphone 4 is pretty sweet and as an IPAD fan i would say it is a decent do it all.

My vote however is for blackberry ... make sure QWERTY key board or you are a tween girl (not sure why that came out but its there) and not the iphone 4 . Be a business man not a Business, man!

Peter said...

Also keep me posted for this ride I hope to be recovered and do9ing rides by then but who knows ...

Tristan Spurr said...

Andrew I liked were Peter was going but then he went all Jay-Z on me.Is your name Jay-Z??The tablet screen is only twice the size as a storm or Iphone why would you use it when you can use your smartphone for the same thing plus call people...However if you wanted a tablet the Ipad is right in the middle with a 9.7" screen.You can still connect the Ipad to a TV it's just not HD and you have to use their cords.You also have to take into account that both tablets are in their first generation stage, BlackBerry has said within a year it will be completely changed.As for Ipad its just going to get better.Because every one else is trying to get on Apples level but they cant get on their level they gonna need a spaceshuttle or a ladder thats forever.But regardless of the tablet you will never use the blackbeery for what it is intended for.It would be the right choice if you had a business and you were creating had sharing secure documents...Other than that the Iphone is a more user friendly and practical choice.

Andy said...

Apple screen size is perfect no argument there. But something that is important to my uses is Java and flash something that keeps being overlooked in your analysis. If there is a way to run java/flash on the ipad i am all ears, other than that i am leaning towards the almighty Canadian soon to be American(google or microsoft) RIM product. AWI is a serious business with serious needs. I believe RIM is better suited to it.

I do appreciate all the feedback and recommendations.

Regards AWI president and CEO