Thursday, October 21, 2010

Ruffling some feathers

Oh boy, that's what went through my head when the first snowflake hit my glasses on my ride today. Already? Are you serious? I know I'm really in the snowbelt now but really? Also played the clothing a little on the light side trying to delay the inevitable winter.

Well I guess its time to bundle up and just keep trucking through until I literally can't ride anymore. I was hoping to do some more miles before the big stuff hits hopefully there's still a couple more weeks.

Got out to Hardwood ski and bike last night for some Cyclocross photography action, The lighting sucked that's my excuse. but I did score some decent shots, some in black and white cause that's what its all about. Two of the better ones




After getting warmed up it was a quick drive to midland to get my hep a booster shot, good for life now they tell me. Then back south to the city for a little Pie and Wall Street. At Pie I was told to try Netherworld, flying monkeys dark beer, I'm going to have some words with some people about that.

Onto Wall Street, awesome a lot different than the previous one. But I think in a good way fractional stoke quotes just wouldn't work these days. Bud Fox, Gordon Gecko, awesome characters, I don't expect any Oscars to come out of this one but I enjoyed it, and being set during the 2008 meltdown was a nice touch and added a bit of current relevance.

Now for the big money bets,

U-23 not a giant field but some serious engines in here, May come down to MTB provincials all over again, but I sense that J-staff really wants 4 new jerseys this year, and he only has two more to go. This will probably be the best battle of the day.

Senior, Cameron Jette,

Master A Mogg, Weber, Reid

And Master C, Mark Herbst for sure,

That's all i'm prepared to publish at this point, for fear of reprisals.

4 comments:

Jeff Moote said...

I think the top spots in Master B and Sr. Women are pretty secure at this point too :)

I feel like the Sr. race will have lots going on - Jette, Watson and Box not necessarily in that order. Mancini will not be far behind.

Peter said...

jstaff for sure

thanks for the rediculous shout out ... note i don't twitter so i rely on others to relay that info

enjoy the snow ...

i am on your side on fubar but haven't seen #2 ... i have no comment further on #2 and me not seeing it

I pick you for the weekend with Cam sprinting you

and your header looks superb ... best yet

Peter said...

jstaff for sure

thanks for the rediculous shout out ... note i don't twitter so i rely on others to relay that info

enjoy the snow ...

i am on your side on fubar but haven't seen #2 ... i have no comment further on #2 and me not seeing it

I pick you for the weekend with Cam sprinting you

and your header looks superb ... best yet

Jeff Moote said...

I could not have called that race better :)