Monday, July 28, 2008

St Anne world cup 08

I knew it was going to be a rough day, waking up feeling a little better but not much.

I had a big breakfast and my usual coffee before heading up the hill to get ready for the start at 2 oclock. I secured a feeder and headed out to warm up. World cup starts are usually insane so a good warmup is pretty important. I had a decent callup about midpack, third row. And as usual the start was nuts guys riding like the start loop is the entire race. By the time i hit the first climb i was still in a good position. But the effort cost me and i could feel my body telling me to ease up or i'd never make it two laps. So by the second climb i set it on cruise control and just tried to ride steady. There were a few times i wanted to pull out and call it a day, but i knew i would eventually get pulled and would end up with some uci points so i stuck it out, and by my last two laps i started to feel ok. I managed to pass a few riders who were absolutley blown. I was pulled with a lap to go and ended up 37th.

I think i had the best race i could have had on the day, hopefully i can get healthy again before this sunday's world cup in Bromont.

No comments: