Thursday, June 5, 2008

Around the Lake Warmup



Today my mother wanted to go over and visit my brother in Beaverton, so I thought hey two birds one stone. So I headed out for the 100 km ride over to the other side of the lake. Beaverton is pretty much exactly halfway around lake Simcoe, when you ride around so I thought it would be a good warm-up for the full thing. It was a tough ride with a headwind basically the whole way.


The weather was strange my thermometer was saying 18 but it felt like 25 with the humidity and I was very comfortable in just shorts and a jersey. And I’m still not feeling 100% actually I’m not really feeling 80% either. The last couple Km was tough but I beat my mother over there by three minutes, granted I had a two and a half hour head start. The crappiest part about the ride is hwy 12, which is unavoidable unless you want to ride an extra 75km. But being a Wednesday afternoon the traffic wasn’t too bad and I was able to draft of a tractor for the last 1km into Brechin at 30km/hr, while all the traffic just went around. I’m thinking I should put on of those slow moving signs on my back and ride down the middle of the road and see if the cars are that nice to just me.

We arrived and were greeted by the two new kittens, cookie and whatshisname (it’s a native name.) After dinner we headed down to the Beaverton waterfront for a little stroll. Which began an argument over which direction Barrie was. Now I’m home…….not much else to tell.
Here is the route I took which cuts off most of hwy 12, if you ever want to head that way.


No comments: